Wednesday, April 15, 2009

04.15.09 Take 2.

What a day.

I was typing that in as my "title" and realized how many times I've used it already!!

Anyways, I've been really upset about moving into a house, can you believe it? I'm going to lose my scrap area, and going into the house, we're not sure where there will be room (except the closet). While the closet, upstairs, in the BACK of the bedroom MIGHT be a blessing in disguise, I wouldn't be able to scrap during the day because I will be so out of touch with the world!

My room at the apartment is packed, and I moved everything over to the house today. It's in our kitchen cabinets as I type... 15 miles away. I've never been so far from creativity in my life!! (Horrible exaggeration, I'm well aware.)

On my way home from the house I decided to stop at the Salvation Army to see if there were any outdoor toys I could pick up for the kids. I pulled into the parking lot and the place was PACKED. I had to park around the back of the store. It was ridiculous. There were tons of people inside... it wasn't even worth staying. So we did a quick "pimp lap" to see what they had. I found a comfy couch for $75.00 and called Alex to see what he thought. However, I wouldn't be able to take it home with the kids in the van so I'd have to pick it up later, and I wasn't sure if that was "okay." Anyways, Gabriella found a stool for $3.00 and "had to have it." So I threw it in the basket and headed towards the check out. At check out I met up with Maryann, whom I'd never met before. She was raving about how adorable the children are (no I'm not exaggerating). She thought they were so cute she slipped me $20.00. WHAT!! Ha, seriously, she gave me a twenty dollar bill, claiming it was Easter week, and that I should just take it. Come to find out, EVERYTHING at the Salvation Army was 50% off. SAWEET! This means that Gabriella's stool was $1.50... that $75.00 couch... $37.50. If you subtract the $20.00 Maryann gave me, I spent $19.00 for a couch and a stool. I'm totally not about "used" couches, but this looked like one of those couches that are put in "living rooms." You know, the "living rooms" you don't live it- but you look at! I couldn't resist! Especially after our couch was puked, pooped, and peed on. The three worse P's to be combined.

So tomorrow is my girlfriends birthday, and she's taking me out to celebrate. How does that work! ha. I'm her birthday present, isn't she lucky! Sweet, positive, encouraging me... all to herself for a whole five (ish) hours! Aw... how fun! We're going to see Sunshine Cleaning.

Sorry for all the boring posts lately. I'll post pictures of the house, AND my $19.00 couch soon... promise. You're going to die when you see our bathroom! ha. I did!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

your posts are not boring! I've been reading them all just in between cries from Olivia lol... i hope you find a place for your crafts and i seriously hope i have as much luck at the salvation army and other such places when i go to Arizona as you did! that's pretty sweet and I cant wait to see pics of the new house and couch and everything else!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.