At nearly 26, I, am petrified of the dark. I have a wild, and I do mean wild imagination! It's not the actual dark that scares me, but what lurks in it.
I only need to experience something once to learn my lesson. Mother's Day, for me, is notoriously know as the day our garage was broken into. It still eats me alive to know of all the things we lost three years ago. As the time draws near, I can't help but fear it happening again.
Here it is, 4:24 am. My house is quiet. The train, semi quiet. The wind, not so quiet... at all in fact.
I shook Alex to wake him up, so we could go down stairs together to check the garage. While I'm fairly certain, it's just the wind... there's a teeny tiny, itty bitty chance... it isn't. I'm like a three year old all over again, needing daddy to hold my hand and show me, there's nothing to fear. Fortunately, my husband is a great stand in for me.
Tough guy, in his whitey-tighties, grabs his knife, and heads down stairs. He was clearly confident that it was just the wind, or my imagination. One of the two! He cracks the door to get a good look at a dark... empty garage.
CRAP.
(This is where I insert the just kidding, smirk, and wipe the beads of sweat off my forehead.)
I'm peering over his shoulder, breathing only when I have to, he opens the door all the way and turns the light on. I let out a huge sigh of relief and thanked him for conquering, this round of, my fear with me.
I immediately grabbed the heavy duty pad lock, and locked up the garage. I look forward to sleeping, peacefully!
We now live in the big city, with all the lights, traffic, and... trains. (4:38 am: the train blows it's horn... five times. Really long... and loud. Fortunately it didn't wake anyone up, except Alex. Only long enough to ask what I'm doing.) Does that mean crime also? I checked this website to find out. (Police sirens at 4:48 am.) I thought Fort Worth was ranked one of the safest places to live. I tried to find the stats that say that, but no such luck, though I didn't try very hard.
Back to bed, for a few hours hopefully. I painted the dinning room wall yesterday- a $5.00 can of oops paint has turned into my new love affair. I want to paint everything! Will post pictures tomorrow!

1 comment:
i wanna seee pictures of ur new house! :D
miss u jess... i guess i should really get on the ball and blog... im such a loser lol
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.