Thursday, December 25, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

It's seven o'clock in the morning. Officially, I'm the only one awake. Oh... no, I think I just heard Alex roll around. I'm always the first one awake, never fails. I will always be a kid at heart when it comes to Christmas. I have just as much fun as the girls do, and soon, Parker.

Our purple tree matches Mailbox, to a T. It was weird when I put him up, next to the tree, and they matched! Yes, you read that right, we have a purple Christmas tree this year. It's a little guy, standing four feet tall... but the girls picked it out!

What a crazy busy day yesterday! We hunted down a Christmas tree, wrapped presents, made cookies, celebrated Christmas with our friends. Like, really celebrated Christmas. Each of the kids got at least eight gifts. I was told they got a stroller/baby... and that was it. I was shocked! (Pictures later.)

My girlfriends package came yesterday as well. It was waiting for us when we got home. I just don't even know what the right word is... they are so incredibly loved by people who have met them only a handful of times.

Christmas is always an emotional time for me. I'm always reminded of home when packages start flying in from Michigan.

Parker's awake! :)

Got Alex's plane ticket last night, as well as our last letter for Mailbox. From Alex's sister to my surprise- she mailed it Wednesday and it took one week, as I expected (but doubted too. Thank you Genevieve!

I hope everyone has a fantastic Christmas. I'm going to grab Parker, and enjoy the wrapped presents, purple tree, and the Christmas spirit!

Sorry grams, I forgot the sticky buns. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.