The girls had no problem painting on them and then stamping on paper... repeatedly!



Then we (well, I) got the bright idea to do prints of the kids hands. They enjoyed the fact that we were painting their hands, and they weren't getting in trouble for it!




Even Parker got in on the action!


Then the kids were left to paint, and have a good time. They enjoyed it a great deal. Now I've got to stock up on more paper. I love Crayola!


I didn't leave the kids on their own for too long, lord knows they would have painted my pictures, table, themselves and whatever else they could get their hands on! One thing was clear they wanted to use the stamps. So I thought I would try coloring the stamp with a color wonder marker, since we were coloring on color wonder paper (aka: mega coloring sheets). When I put the stamp to the paper, viola... it worked! I'm so easily amused.


We have also been painting stained glass. Both of the girls did rather well. I was pretty impressed! Considering they had never painted, with paint. (They use paint brushes a lot, around the house... 'pretending' to paint things.)



I love the simple things in life!
Also, check out, Crayola's window markers. Huge hit in our house! They easily clean up with baby wipes or just plain water. (Or your finger even.) They do dry up pretty quick if the kids leave the caps off, which does happen. We're due for a replacement, but I think we've had these markers for a good... ten months, at least.
Hope you all have a great weekend. I hope to get back to my regular scheduled crafty time this weekend, since everyone is semi healthy again.
Side note:
Tomorrow is a very important day for our family, Alex will be sworn in as a US Citizen!
I am always impressed by his family. The most important day for him, and the only one of his family members to call... his sister. It made him feel good that someone remembered, and called him. Fortunate he didn't let it bring him down, he called them to 'boast' about his achievement.
There are 96 questions you are tested on. Check out the questions, see how much you know! You're also tested on your knowledge of English.
Kind of sad to say, Alex, as of tomorrow at 2:00 pm, is no longer a Canadian citizen. I wonder if his personality will change, or if he'll develop an alter ego!
Clearly, I'm tired. Night!

2 comments:
I love the kids photos. You are fabulous at documenting the little things.
Jessica - I love reading your blogs... haha you jump from one thing to another much like I do :P The projects you did with the kids are adorable and haha I would have been amused by the markers working on the paper w/ the stamps too :D
And CONGRATS to your hubby! I bet if I took that test I would fail miserably. Sad huh???
ANyways I'll ttyl!!! ~Liz
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.