Sunday, September 7, 2008

For the love of...

For the love of one another, it's absolutely amazing how much my kids love each other. Not a day goes by that I don't hope the love they have for one another will continue through their teen years!

Just before Parker was born I started a journal for the kids, for many reasons. In case something happens to Alex or I before they are old enough for us to have 'told' them about themselves. I scrapbook so that they can relive the moments that I cherish, and I write because that is how I best share my feelings and emotions.

This may sound silly, but I love Gilmore Girls. I thrive on one day being, Lorelai. I love the relationship she and Rory have with one another. I love what a great kid Rory is despite the complications in her life, as well as the lack of a father figure. I love the relationship Lorelai has with her parents, it proves that she didn't have an easy life, and didn't have a whole lot of help from her parents with Rory.

Do you think it's possible in todays society to have a relationship with your child such as the one that Rory has with her mother, Lorelai?


On to something else, I have two weeks before I shoot my first couple. I'm a little nervous because I don't want to seem... silly! If that's the right word. Maybe my fear is better described as saying I don't want to appear as though I don't know what I'm doing. Posing adults is much more difficult than photographing children in action- key word: action. Though I have every bit of faith that I can handle the task at hand, allow me my 'first day' jitters, would ya?

I hope this pans out into something great. I would love to have a new lens for my camera. I'm thinking a wide angle would be fantastic!

I look forward to being done with our credit repair, having our 'debts' paid off and being able to afford something nice for ourselves every now and again. The Nintendo Wii was a great surprise. I had no idea Alex was interested in getting rid of his PS3 and it's worked out for the best. The girls like playing the Wii, it's something I use every day, and Gabriella loves the portable DVD player. She calls it her computer since she used to watch DVD's on my computer.

My grandma bought her two DVD's for her birthday, one being Charlotte's Web. She loves it, mainly because of the animals. If we ever have a piece of property, we will have animals. She loves horses, though I think if she were to see one in real life she would be scared because of their size. A picture is one thing, reality is another.


I just realized, I had a point with my journaling, and didn't finish that thought! Duh! Anyways, it's amazing how the kids interact with one another. I'm not sure if Gabriella is really able to communicate with them, or if she just tells me what she thinks they want or need. She is doing great with Parker, and is really helping Emmelia through the transition. Though I believe Gabriella has, from the day she was born, had the motherly instinct. She is very hands on, especially with Parker since he's more like her FAO Schwartz baby doll... who is looking a bit like Chucky these days...



Notice the baby (whose name changes between Jessica and Parker) is dressed, and has a nukkie in her mouth. She probably has a diaper on too! The thing about this baby, she (or he) weighs about as much as Parker, give or take! So it's really built Gabriella up for handling Parker!! It's sometimes cute, and other times scary. Like today, when she picked him up and placed him on the edge of the couch... ek!

I try very hard to keep one eye on each of the girls... I think that statement in itself explains how difficult it is!! Anyways, Gabriella has her own bedroom, though small, she loves it. The girls will go in there and play, or lay on the bed and laugh or giggle, about things... I may never understand! Saturday, Gabriella put Emmelia in her bed (her meaning Gabbi) and did the same exact thing I do every night at bed time... tucked her in, gave her a kiss, walked to the door, said "I love you" until Emmelia said she loved her, and came out to the living room. When I walked out of the bedroom, Gabriella told me that Emmelia was tired and that she had put her in bed. I checked in on Emmelia to make sure she wasn't tied to the bed or anything crazy, and she was tucked in, laying with baby in tow, and smiling from ear to ear.

There are times when I wonder what the hell I was thinking having three kids in three years, but that only lasts a few minutes. I never thought I could love someone so incredibly much.

I'm amazed every day at the love they have for one another, as I said before, I hope this lasts through their teen years.


Well, Halloween is coming, as well as Alex's birthday. Thank goodness he was born the day after, he's NOT a devil child! Though Rita may disagree! Alex has been talking about getting a new phone. Our phones are not all that great, and we found out yesterday that they have done a massive recall due to the phone being the worst of it's kind. Which means, we will get a replacement phone for the promotional price (I think). So my darling husband will get the Blackberry he's been dying to have! Me on the other hand, I got a baby for my birthday... and he arrived a day late. Seems I always get the short end of the stick come birthdays or other holidays, Christmas, anniversaries etc... though, it's made up for through out the year!

I do believe we will be coming home for Christmas this year. My grandfathers birthday is on Christmas Eve and he is in poor health right now. This is a very difficult time considering I do not get along well with his wife- so getting any information is difficult, even sending well wishes would be a bit tricky. I can not wait to come home with my family, and spend a week with my mom, dad, sisters, brother and gramma. We will probably see my aunts and uncles too, and hopefully, Gramps. Christmas is my favorite time of year. The smells, carols, the tree and ornaments. I love the lights and driving around sub divisions to see the beautiful displays people have set up. I love the way everyone seems to come together, as a family should. I look forward to that.

My mom and Gramma are also looking to purchase a new home, if plans allow they will be into this eight bedroom, four bathroom beauty by Christmas. There will be plenty of room for my kids, Alex and I to each have our own room! Wont that be wonderful, and if we drive, we won't have to depend on anyone else for a vehicle, or feel obligated (or dependent) to any one person.

The holidays are upon us! We have Halloween in a little more than seven weeks. We fall back on November 2nd... then Thanksgiving, and before we know it... CHRISTMAS!

Get ready, cause here we come. Shoot, maybe it's us who should be getting ready since we're not exactly prepared for any type of cold weather, let alone snow! So again, the race is on to find snow pants, gloves, hats, boots... the whole nine. We're not getting sick this time, damn it!

Well I'd better get to bed. It's nearing 12:30 am and my little lover will be awake around 3:00 am.

But before I go, you have to see the photos I took of Emmelia Saturday night. The light is NOT on in these photos, though it looks like it is. I did have a hall light on, but it was not that bright. Emmelia IS sleeping during these photos. I was whispering to her about going potty on the big girl potty, and telling her how much I love her!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.