Saturday, September 6, 2008

White rocks anyone?

What a night!

I woke up to Parker crying and cats fighting. Neither of which I care to wake up to.

On a good note, we don't have ants anymore! Maintenance came in the day before yesterday and sprayed around our house, then I sprayed after everyone went to bed for the night. We haven't had a problem since! Thank goodness.

In talking to my mom last night, Alex and I decided to come home for Christmas. Under the condition that she purchase a real tree for Christmas this year! haha. The idea of having my family complete, then going home to celebrate with my sisters, brother, mom, dad, gramma and all the family who has not yet met Emmelia and/or Parker... it just sounds so... Christmas like!

I love Christmas. We'll probably listen to Christmas carols the whole drive home... eh... 18 hours of Christmas caroling... maybe not! I love the smell of my mom's house at Christmas, it always smells like apple pies! It was so much fun when I was younger, and the sisters (our mormon influence) would come. They kept feeding me chocolate Teddy Grahams, against my mother's knowledge, and wishes! Sister Swenson gave me a coin purse one year, and I still have it... at least, 15 years later.

I'm not a good person for letting go, especially of my past, and the things or people that made me happy.

Today we're going to go back to White Rock Lake Park. The kids had fun when we went there last time, and we didn't get to explore much. We're going to go earlier so we can watch the sunset AND play on the jungle gyms or explore the park a little more. My bestest friend in the wholest wide world sent dress up outfits for the girls a few months back, so we're going to take the costumes and try some sunset shots of them in the outfits. Providing they turn out, I'll post them tomorrow, or late tonight.

Well, I guess I'd better track down our snow gear! Hats, boots, gloves, the whole nine. It's this part of the four seasons that I do not miss! Though I'm very much looking forward to it, and being home for Christmas, and the lights, family and ROCKIN' AROUND THE CHRISTMAS TREE! (Home Alone) Ahh... life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.