Friday, October 3, 2008

Ice cream cone cake!

I'm sure it's called something different, however, that's what I'll call it... for the simple fact. It's a cake within an ice cream cone!

I'm so easily amused!

I didn't get a chance to get ice cream cones, and I can't find the photos I have from Easter where I made the cone cakes.

So here is the recipe:



This is taken directly from Betty Crocker's website. My comments are in parenthesis with capital letters.

YOU'LL NEED:
One box of Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® party rainbow chip cake mix. (ANY CAKE MIX/BRAND WILL WORK)
ALL BETTY CROCKER CAKES WILL NEED: Water, vegetable oil and egg whites.
24 ice cream cones
1 OR 2 containers Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy frosting. (AGAIN, ANY BRAND/FLAVOR)

DIRECTIONS:
1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups. (I HAVE NEVER DONE THAT. I DONT KEEP 'MUFFIN CUPS' ON HAND ALWAYS- SO NO WORRIES IF YOU DON'T HAVE THEM.)

2. Make cake batter as directed on box. Fill each cup 2/3 full of batter (1 heaping tablespoon each). Place ice cream cone upside down on batter in each cup. (I COOK THEM STANDING UP STRAIGHT- AND THEY TURN OUT PERFECT!)

3. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean (cones may tilt on batter). Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Remove paper baking cups. Generously frost cake with frosting, and decorate as desired. Store loosely covered.

I made these for Easter last year to take to a friends house. I decorated them to look like bunnies, with whiskers, eyes, nose, mouth etc. To do so, I used candies. Be creative!! Let your kids decorate too, they have wild imaginations at times- this is a creative outlet!!

If you want to share your creations, send me a picture, in an email, and I will post it on my blog, linking back to yours.

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.