Friday, October 3, 2008

Recipe anyone?

Tired of cooking, the same boring stuff? Or are you tired of cooking... PERIOD!

With three little ones running around, or... two running, and one wanting to be held, it's difficult to get anything done. So I have to find things to make that don't involve the stove if the kids are biting at my ankles. Sometimes it's just to HOT to use the stove, or eat anything hot for that matter.

I'll try and do a few different recipes we enjoy!

How about Chicken Salad- You'll need: Chicken, Curry powder, Mayo, and purple Grapes.

This is very very easy to make, in fact, I never use a recipe. Everything is added to taste.

I use five pounds of Chicken (so it will last a day or two). Cook it, cut it, and put it in a bowl.
While the chicken is cooking, you could cut the grapes in half, or in fours- whichever you prefer.
Add Mayo to taste. If you like your chicken a little dry, add less mayo. If you like a lot , add more!
Some people like curry, some people don't. I like to sprinkle enough over the top to give it a nice coat. Then I stir it all up, and taste it. If it tastes good, awesome. If it could stand some more- ADD MORE!!

I usually leave the grapes in a bowl and allow Alex to take as much as he wants because he doesn't like the grapes. The girls and I love them! I guess you could add raisins also. Get crazy, add some nuts if that's your thing. Experiment a little. It's quick and easy- the hardest part is cutting up all the chicken!

How about desert! That's my favorite part!

We love cake, cake in ice cream cones! (Can be waffle cones also.) Maybe I'll take a trip to the grocery store and get some ice cream cones, and we'll come home and make fun stuff, and photograph it!!

I'll be back later!! Enjoy the chicken salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.