So we've decided to homeschool. There are some people I haven't told because I don't want to deal with their reactions. Maybe people think I need the kids to go to school so I will have time to myself. I'm not going to have time to myself for another eighteen years. Not only that, I have at least five years before ALL the kids are in school. So why not spend the next five years homeschooling? I might love it, the kids may love it... it may be super beneficial to everyone.
I blog stalk... meaning I find a blog and click around their blog to find others that may be of interest. So I came upon a blog of a homeschool mother. She's been doing it for 8 years, I believe. She says in her most recent blog that she's found a program that she likes, and that works for her and her kids. So I looked into it, and it sounds fantastic! There are four separate volumes- it starts in first grade and goes to fourth grade. Once fifth grade comes, you start with book one again.
It's called The Story of the World. And guess what it's about... the world!! Imagine that! :)
Anyways, a little more in depth. I'm horrible with history, so I am going to say as little as possible. Anyways, the books talk about world events, and go in chronological order of the things that have happen. Imagine the things I could learn all over again... or for the first time!!
Either way, it will be a great experience and I can't wait.
With the SUPPORT of my family and friends, this will be a great thing for everyone involved.
:)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.