Allow me to play the day out!
Yesterday I went with two of my girlfriends to the local kid friendly, water park. About an hour after being there we were 'evacuated.' Turns on, some kid... "went" (had a BM, went #2, shit, pooped, whatever you want to call it) in the pool. Not to thrilled... disgusted actually.
My eyes had been bothering me for a majority of yesterday but I didn't think anything of it.
This morning, Saturday, I was supposed to go with the same girlfriend from yesterday, to a jewelry party. Well, I woke up with a swollen eye. It's itching like crazy... and it's just unattractive. Alex, who has poor vision, could see my swollen eye from six or seven feet away. So I cancelled the jewelry party. I was pretty bummed out because I was looking forward to it.
Then Alex tells me they shut down the water parks out here because of some 'virus' going around. Eeek.
As the day progresses, the kids drive me more and more insane... so we decided on a "junk" food kind of day. Building and playing in forts, watching a "Bee Movie" and just having some quality family time. It was really a great time. I made pretzels from scratch, which were fantastic! (I posted the recipe.) Now that I think about it, that was the only "junk" we ate. The girls had a great time though, and so did Alex and I. It was nice to just hang out for once. Plus the girls loved the fort. Nothing like FREE entertainment.
Anyways, it was nearing bedtime and after discovering a 'nest' of bites on Emmelia's face I decided we should pull her bed away from the wall. Double eeek. Literally, 1,000's of ants. Not just ants... RED ANTS! Then of course, I start crying... because who knows how long these ants have been there eating at her... and although they are only ants, they DO hurt. Someone mentioned that it's possible to have a bad reaction to the bite when bitten so many times.
So I ended up putting Emmelia down in Parker's new crib. Then we put up the pop and play for Parker again. So we've got two out of three kids sleeping in our room tonight. Ugh, it's going to be a long night!
So after arguing with a two year old about going to bed, I finally had a chance to sit down to the computer... what do I find on Tami Potter's blog...
I WON!

A mosaic moments craft mat! That's pretty sweet!!
So here I sit, in the blue leather chair... with stacks of books and magazines on each of the arm rests- all homeschool related... and I think, gosh I'm tired, and tonight isn't going to go well, and we're going to be up at seven am. Thanks Emmelia for being such an early riser!
So for now, have a great night, and have fun AMR with your online crop!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.