Thursday, August 28, 2008

Weddings, and such!

Electronically speaking, there are two things I could not live with out. My digital camera, and my Mac Book Pro. Anything else... can go. Easily. Think about it. So long as there is internet in the world, I can watch television, make phone calls (from my computer), chat with friends, send and receive text messages... etc.

In talking with a friend today about his wedding photos... it made me think. I should be doing that. (Taking wedding photos that is.) I mean, sure, I've NEVER taken photos of adults before... but I have taken incredible photos of one, two and three year olds. If I can do that, I certainly can shoot adults.

I have tons of ideas stirring around in my head. I should start drawing all of this in a book, find a couple, and shoot them. Somewhere with trees... or abandon buildings... with a wide angle lens. How hard can it be? I got married once upon a time... I know what people want. What girls want with out having to say "I want _____." Or, "I want _____."

My friends are paying their photographer $600. If I charged $500- I could photograph six weddings and have all of our medical bills paid off!! Wouldn't that be fantastic. (I wonder what the guy is including for $600.)

I love taking pictures.
I love learning new things.
I love PLAYING with my camera. (Check out my sunset photos for proof. haha.)
I love being in love, and people who are in love.

So why should I doubt myself? Well... because it's a HUGE responsibility. I remember how I felt when our photographer (also a relative of Alex) "accidentally" messed up ALL our photos. Fortunate I was insistent on having my uncle shoot the wedding as well, and his photos turned out AMAZING.

I mean, I did take photography in high school, and went with my mom to her photography shoots. It's in my blood.

Gosh, and I think about having people who actually listen, and hold a pose... it just excites me! Is that lame? I love photographing my children, but come on... isn't it much more fun when you're not fake sneezing, or saying "coochy coochy coo!!" And overly pretending to be wicked happy! Does anyones cheeks hurt after a session such as that?

I always tell my mother in law. I want to find a way to make money doing something that I am good at. Something I will enjoy.

First things first: hit ebay and find some wide angle lenses! OR someone with some lenses to put on loan... hm... The possibilities are endless, and that's what I'm so excited about. Or maybe my first thing should be finding some test subjects. I have tons of dresses someone could dress up in (even my wedding dress!)! :)

Who wants to be my first 'subject'!!?

I leave you with some of my favorites:











Tomorrow... DETROIT pride! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.